Promotion of the site is one of the main stages in the promotion of the entire business. You can do this in various ways, but one of the most effective and less expensive is to hit the top in organic search. But in addition to the top, there is also such a block with quick answers, and both in Yandex and Google.
We will talk about it in this article – I will tell you what it is and how to get to such a block.
What kind of quick answers?
Quick answers are a separate block in the search, aka an extended snippet or a highlighted description. Their main task is to increase the usefulness of content for visitors. In Google, they appear between paid and organic search, in the so-called zero position. In Yandex as well, sometimes on the side and among the search results. But sometimes it happens like that.
In addition to text, such a frame can contain images, videos, lists, and so on. When clicking on this block, the user opens the site in a tab, where he is often automatically redirected to the selected fragment.
How blocks with quick answers are formed
Automatically! In more detail, the algorithm first finds a site with relevant material and good engagement indicators, such as attendance, clickability, read-throughs, and so on. Then selects the desired fragment from the text and places it in a special frame.
If this information is enough for users and they do not go down, then the fragment is a worker and it will remain at the zero position for a long time. If it is the other way around, the algorithm will continue searching for more relevant material.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to specifically notice content for such descriptions, so (it turns out!) you have to create high-quality and useful content for the audience. But more on that later.
By the way, search engines do not always take materials from the top 10 for such blocks. In some cases, data from the second, third, or even the seventh page can be found. The main requirement is benefit.
So! If your site is included in quick answers in Yandex, this does not mean that it will also appear in selected descriptions in Google. However, in search engines, the results are ranked differently, take this into account.
Advantages and disadvantages of quick answers
The most important advantage of hitting such a block is that your site is in a prominent place. And it will be located there until the search engine identifies another, more appropriate and relevant resource for the request.
As for the minuses, it is worth noting the lack of a guarantee of increased traffic and clickability due to hitting this block. That is, the user will see a short answer to his question, taken from your site, and not the fact that he will follow the link to read the details.
And also: if your material got into the block with quick answers, then it will most likely not be displayed in the top below. And all because, according to the rules, the site cannot occupy two lines at once. Therefore, if you do not want Google and Yandex to use your content for formulating extended snippets, add a special meta tag to the page. Google Developers even has a separate article about it.
The community is now in Telegram
Subscribe and stay up to date with the latest IT news
So how do you get into quick answers?
If you want to get to the block with quick answers (Yandex) or selected descriptions (Google), I recommend that you follow a few basic rules when creating content.
- Collect the main key queries, which you want to enter such blocks. You can formulate them in a question form, it is not so important. And only later, following them, you can write articles or draw up a content plan.
- Write clearly, concisely and without water. Remember, the algorithm selects the text because it thinks it is useful to the user. If this is true, then you will last a very long time in the block with quick answers. That is why you should write simply so that the reader immediately understands what you want to say in the article.
- Follow the structure. It is important both for users who are looking for answers to their questions and for search engines. Thanks to it, the material is divided into semantic blocks, accordingly, it is much easier to find the desired fragment. Even in the Yandex Help for Webmasters it is stated that with a structured, high-quality and competent presentation of information, the chances of getting to quick answers increase.
- Mark the text with headings. Often, selected descriptions are displayed exactly as text fragments under the headings H1, H2, and so on. By the way, they also need to be drawn up correctly, and then your chances will increase significantly.
- Use lists. Especially in articles that begin with “How to…”. Numbered or marked, it is not particularly important either. The main thing is to match the content of the wording of the request. The example below shows how it works.
- Add definition. Most often, people are looking for information and form queries like “what is this”. And if you specify some basic concept in the material, it is quite possible that it will get into the block.
- Insert tables. Different ratings, comparisons, typologies, etc. are especially often ranked. They can be interchanged with lists, but in any case, they will rank if they are compiled competently and simply.
It is worth mentioning as an additional option Diluting the text with pictures. And not meaningless, but useful, that is, illustrations, screenshots, diagrams, infographics, and so on.
And do not forget about the uniqueness of the material!
And a few more useful tips
In addition to the points listed above, there are also several other ways to advance in the quick answers of Google or Yandex.
- Use long tail requests. These are long phrases containing 5 or more words. As a rule, they are also low-frequency. With their help, longrids are advancing rapidly. However, for this it is advisable to use them in subheadings and in the exact entry.
- To rebuild from competitors. If your competitor’s site is in the quick answers, study it carefully. Pay attention to the presentation style, structure, availability of tables and illustrations, etc. Even better, find the wording of the query that got them there, and form your own strategy based on that.
- Publish content on popular topics. Here you will go the other way around – first select interesting topics with high frequency of requests, and then start compiling the material. But there are no guarantees that this will work, as the level of competition in this niche is very high.
Although sometimes, even following all these rules, it is not possible to get to the block with quick answers. Or it works, but not immediately. And all because many other people, besides you, want to get there and are also trying very hard. I can only advise you to do the work well, and then one day you will achieve your goal 😉