The public beta versions of iOS 16, macOS 13 Ventura, iPadOS 16, watchOS 9 and tvOS 16 have become available to users. In order to gain access to these operating systems, you need to register in the Apple Beta Software Program.
As for the innovations, in iOS 16 appeared:
- reworked messages in Focus Mode,
- brand new lock screen,
- Face ID in landscape orientation,
- automatic search for duplicate photos,
- the ability to edit messages in iMessage (changes in the text will be displayed on an iPhone with the same version of the OS),
- cancellation of sent messages within 15 minutes,
- new Spotlight with keyword search by photos and Live Text in Russian,
- displaying the password of a familiar Wi-Fi network and dozens of other functions.
In iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura, developers have modernized multitasking functions – users will get new options for configuring workspaces when interacting with several programs. According to The Verge, tablets with the M1 now support external displays, and Macs let you use your iPhone as a webcam.
Be warned that beta versions may contain numerous system bugs, cause increased battery drain and even bloat, so install them at your own risk.